Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Last Celebration

In the whisper of the graveyard
luminous chimes swim adrift
in the madness of my wake
shine bright as a joyous firefly

the dreams descend, obscured,fragile
color me a palette of lust
the desire rises,destiny refuted
sense sans illusions
cry me a sky of colors

the weight of the void
let me think cuz i am alive
the song sung, unspoaken,unheard
unsaid words cry for a say
celebrate thy self, listen, see
heavier things weigh on me

it struck me, the lightening struck me
light my way oh sweet sunbeam
the distance screams the light fades
elevate me to this mellow state
joy within peace without
i'll hear you when you have nothing to say

the last smile, the last sip of wine
the infancy now leaves my mind
the dusk smiles, the night arrives
the smoke in my mind settles now
the end is here, the end is now.


- Karan Kumar, Aritra Das
29/11/2007

No comments: